All versionsSee all
Secure Folder can help you protect the contents of given folders. This way you eliminate the risk of other users prying into your sensitive information. The first time you use the application it will ask you to set a password. Luckily, you are allowed to supply your email address as a way to recover the password in case you lose it.
The application is very easy to use. Probably the simplest way is to take advantage of its integration into Windows contextual menu. Thus, you can select a folder right from the File Manager and protect it. Another way to do the same is by adding a folder to the list shown in the program’s main window. Unfortunately, you cannot drag and drop a folder for this purpose.
There are various methods to secure a folder. First, it can be locked, which prevents other users from accessing its contents. Besides, you can also completely hide it. As an additional measure, you can encrypt its contents using 256-bit AES encryption.
In my opinion, Secure Folder has several drawbacks if you compare it with other similar applications. First, it doesn't let you use individual passwords for each folder in case you need it. Moreover, it can't protect secured folders from deletion. Finally, it cannot create secured partitions.
- It is very easy to use
- It uses a strong encryption algorithm
- It is integrated into Windows contextual menu
- It provides three secure methods
- It doesn't let you use individual passwords for each folder in case you need it
- It can't protect secured folders from deletion
- It cannot create secure partitions
- It doesn’t support drag-and-drop operations